Friday 29 November 2019

Critical Reflection



Module Learning: 

From the start of the module, my goal was to build up my confidence level and improve in my written and oral presentation skills. Throughout this 13 week journey of Effective Communication, I feel that I have gained more confidence in sharing my opinion in the groups. Being exposed to working with different peers for the various assignments allows me to interact with them. However, there are still many areas that I can improve on like improving in my presentation skills where I have learnt from the module.
In SIE2016 Effective Communication module, I have learnt a lot from this module with such as reader-response, annotated summary, APA referencing and meeting minutes which I can apply in my future projects and even in the workplace. The constructive feedback provided by my professor and peers has definitely benefited me to learn the mistakes in my writing and not make the same mistake again. By providing feedback to peers allows me to think and learn the good points that my peers have done well.

Project Learning:
For our research project, we faced different challenges along the way however we had worked together as a team to resolve the problems and understand each other's strengths and weaknesses. After some discussion, our teams have decided to install a pre-emptive measure in the water supply service pipeline at the upcoming Singapore Institute of Technology at Punggol. With limited background on our research project, we have to research on the relevant and credible article to come out with a feasible solution. Finding a credible source from online is difficult but we are fortunate to have learnt the different platforms such as OneSearch and GoogleScholar to research on our topics. Presenting in front of the class might be challenging for our teams but I am glad that we stepped out of our comfort zone to present. From this research project, I have gained knowledge on how the water system actually works and what actually caused the water to be discoloured which I will not know if I have not done this topic for our research project.

Presentation Showcase:


As an audience watching the presentation, I am amazed by the different interesting presentation that teams have presented during the showcase. As for me, I faced difficulty presenting in front of a group of people and I hope I will be able to build up more confidence in myself and step out of the comfort zone. The group that caught my attention is Team Bricknology where they introduced the mycelium bricks which is actually made up of fungi. The team’s topic was clearly presented and is easily understood by the audience with visual aids on the slides and video. During the Q&A session by the judges, they are able to answer most of the questions which shows that they have done a lot of research in this area. The presentation showcase gives students the opportunity to showcase their ideas to their peers and stepping out of their comfort zone to present in front of the large crowd.

Lastly, I would like to take this opportunity to thank Prof Blackstone and my peers for all the guidance throughout the whole 13 weeks journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

Module Learning:  From the start of the module, my goal was to build up my confidence level and improve in my written and oral presentation...